Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Use the map, take the journey


For the last few weeks I've had an outpouring of love on the Facebook/MySpace scene.
Last week I received a letter that left me speechless for a bit.

This morning a former Florida peep sent me this message: 

So, here is my status update . . .

I did look into Kettering seriously and it was one of my main options, but I did not end up there. I still can't believe it today, but I got a major private scholarship (30k per year) and ended up at the University of Colorado at Boulder. I love it out here and I like the school... I am still getting used to all the changes in my life. Fortunately I had already done a lot of the volunteering and other such things to build my resume, which no doubt had a positive effect on my scholarship application. I hope that other students follow your advice and get into some of these activities, hopefully with an eye on doing something good for the college and community. It is tragic, I think, for people to do good only for the promise of some perceived personal benefit. Anyway, I feel utterly grateful and fortunate to be here with this amazing scholarship and wonderful area. I hope this message finds you healthy and happy.

I take now real credit for this peep's latest success. I just gave the peep a map, but it was all the peeps journey.  It could be your journey too.  Because if you are reading this blog you've probably been given a map from me in the form of a book, lecture or conversation.  You can make this system work for you and achieve amazing things and create a better society to boot.